Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back from vacation


I went on vacation last week and had an excellent time. I was reminiscing about it on the way home gathering my thoughts as to what I will say when asked "how was your vacation?" and I found it was excellent- flawless- I told you I was a lucky girl, and I winned(always). I got to go with my new beau, Jerry (new for about a year now, wow that was fast)his two daughters Jaime- 10 and Cortney- 13, my Andrew and Race.
Jerry, the kids and I (excluding Andrew) drove down. The car only holds 5 passengers so for less than it would have cost in gas for me to take another vehicle, we flew Andrew down Saturday morning on Jet Blue. He loved it, and the ride home was going to be minus two- Jerry's girls were staying another week in Florida and we were meeting their mother there to deliver them, so Andrew would ride back with us.
We stayed in my timeshare at Westgate Lakes Orlando for the first time in six years since Raymond and I bought it in 2001. He would never let us go on vacation there- said the kids didn't deserve it and they should not even see it. So we never went. Until this year- hehehe. He didn't like it when he heard that I was going to go down and stay there either. He asked me specifically "are you staying in the timeshare?" and of course I said "yes". He said that was interesting because it is supposed to be for sale and it should be rented. I agreed and added- "but it's not sold, and it is not rented it is available, and I am going down to use it." You have got to know there would be more to the rebuttal than that. There was. But you have the end result- my flawless vacation!!!
We arrived Friday at 7:30 pm. Wow it was fast getting in. Then the place was really great- that kids went bananas- we had a lock off apartment and Cortney scooped that up right away (trouble when Andrew gets in but we can wait for that). we ordered pizza and the kids jumped in the jacuzzi tub. Next day we played in the pool all day-all sunny warm day.
We went to Universal studios on Monday- what a hoot with Race. We rode the Cat in the Hat rides (all of them), and the Jurassic park ride with the T-Rex about to eat us on the way down the river- Race thought that was scary. He wasn't big (tall)enough for some of the rides and he talks about that when he describes his vacation. Tuesday we pooled it- well until I had to leave to take Andrew to see his prospective college in Winter Park- Full Sail. What a cool college. We got a tour and finished up with a visit with his rep in her office. Back at Westgate by 7:30 pm. Wednesday we had to see the westgaters about upgrading- that didn't take long- No, I am not interested in upgrading and then I left-.They had a free buffet, but I am used to having Jerry cook me breakfast it didn't even tempt me.We made tie dyed t-shirts for the kids by the pool and they had a movie matinee night at the pool at dusk- Toy Story was the movie. Thursday we caught up on all the park activities we had not done yet. Jerry rented a sail boat and took it out on the lake. We rented a paddle boat, and we miniature golfed, checked out the bikes for 4 +1. Walked to all the other pools (6 in all) and landed in the furthest one away with the least amount of people in it and swam until 7 or so. It was a great vacation. We left Westgate Friday by 10 am and went to Blizzard Beach at Disney World, a water park, and left Orlando Saturday and got home Sunday.
It was a great vacation and I had a wonderful time with Jerry and his girls and my beautiful boys. Ikey stayed home to deliver papers- his new job, and practice baseball. He made me promise we would go somewhere this summer- so watch for us Uncle Tommy and all you California family members, we just might be knocking on your door to say hello soon.
I am the lucky girl, and I winned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as I've known you, you always winned! Didn't i tell you you were going to have an incredible time? I'm so glad you stood up to that bully!
"I keek hees azzzzzz!"
I am SOOO happy for you. It's ABOUT TIME you had some fun like that. tell Jerry I said "Thanks for Making it Happen!"See you in California, whenever you're ready! I'm ready!